Thursday, February 11, 2010

If at first I don't succeed....I probably won't try again! :-)

I'm jumping on the bandwagon. The blogging bandwagon. After following several other blogs, listening to my husband encourage me to do some more writing, and the general need to express myself through the written, er, typed word, I am attempting to blog. To be honest, I'm not sure how public I will make this for the time being, but we'll see how it goes.

First things first...

Who am I? My name is Rachel. Although I grew up in the Southern Illinois area, I now live in Noblesville, IN with my incredible husband of 10 years (how in the world has it been that long already?) and our three girls ages 8, 6 and almost 2 months. As a family we enjoy movies, going to Disney World, playing games together - love the Wii! - playing with our dog, Minnie and hanging out with our great friends and family. I am turning into a coupon/bargain junkie. Lastly, but not leastly, we love our church family at White River Christian Church and the wonderful high school group that we are involved in as well!

My goals for my little personal piece of the internet? I am longing for a place of expression. This blog will be a huge mixture (hopefully) of laughs, insight, and stories from my life that I long to capture. I've never been great with a diary or journal, but long to have a place that years later I can look back and see what the Lord was teaching me, what my family was doing and how I felt about it all at the time. Oh, and since I'm a stay at home mom and these things fit into my niche, expect a few stories about my kids, consumer product reviews, news of great deals to be found, and pictures of my latest sundress created for one of my girls!

Next, for the title - Every Sign and Wonder. I'm a huge Nichole Nordeman fan and this phrase comes from her song called "Small Enough". I re-discovered this song during a very difficult season in my life. These lyrics and melody found their way through my speakers one dark night in a church parking lot when I needed Him, what felt like, more than ever before. It helped me cry out the Lord and feel His arms wrap around me in a way that felt so real, I could almost swear it was.

That evening, He confirmed himself to me in a way that spurred me on to a greater relationship with him. I no longer experience simply a belief in Him as my Savior but a much larger desire to serve Him as Lord over my life. There's a huge difference there!

As the song suggests, I am amazed daily by the Lord's power and might - His every sign and wonder - and long to express what He is teaching and leading me towards daily.

Small Enough by Nichole Nordeman

oh, great god, be small enough to hear me now

there were times when i was crying
from the dark of daniel's den
and i have asked you once or twice
if you would part the sea again
but tonight i do not need a fiery pillar in the sky
just wanna know you're gonna hold me if i start to cry
oh, great god, be small enough to hear me now

oh, great god, be close enough to feel you now

there have been moments when i could not face goliath on my own
and how could i forget we've marched around
our share of jerichos
but i will not be setting out a fleece for you tonight
just wanna know that everything will be alright
oh great god, be close enough to feel you now

all praise and all honor be
to the god of ancient mysteries
whose EVERY SIGN AND WONDER turn the pages of our history
but tonight my heart is heavy
and i cannot keep from whispering this prayer
"are you there?"

and i know you could leave writing
on the wall thats just for me
or send wisdom while i'm sleeping,
like in soloman's sweet dreams
but i don't need the strength of samson
or a chariot in the end
just want to know that you still know
how many hairs are on my head

oh great god, be small enough to hear me now

No comments:

Post a Comment