Monday, February 15, 2010

Ready to be Shredded....

by Jillian Michaels. I think.

See, here's the situation. Although I've always struggled with my weight and already had some to lose, having my third baby in December certainly didn't help matters any. Don't get me wrong - I love my latest bundle of joy more than words can say, but this time I'm struggling to get the last 20 pounds off and it's DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

Add to that fact that we are taking a Disney Cruise over spring break and you see the equation quite simply:

Cruising the Caribbean + too much baby weight = unhappy Rachel

Now, to clarify - it's not really a looks thing. Though I obviously feel like I look better when I'm smaller. There are two main reasons: 1) If I am going to be clothed on this trip (which I'm sure everyone would appreciate), I have to lose 20 pounds in order to wear my spring/summer clothes. 2) Energy. I want to be able to run around Castaway Cay, Nassau, the beach, and Disney World for 9 vacation days with my family and have the spare energy to lift up a frozen fruity slushy non-alcoholic drink by the pool.

Here's the plan:

Photobucket

Today I'm starting Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" DVD. As you can see, it claims that it's possible to lose 20 pounds in 30 days with this program. Jillian definitely has the rep for being hardcore and serious about fitness and I'm sure this DVD will not disappoint. I am committing to workout along with this video for 20 minutes a day for the next 30 days.

But, of course, in order to lose weight and tone my muscles (also a necessity for me!), I have to eat healthy as well. I'm going simple with the eating - allowing myself whatever types of foods I want, yet seriously watching my portion control and counting calories. For the next 30 days, I am going to have between 1250-1400 calories a day.

Let me say this, I'm really hoping and literally praying for the Lord to be over me in this and give me strength to make this not only a short-term thing, but I whole lifestyle change. That being said, I work much better with a bunch of small goals on their way to beginning one big one. So, this is just the beginning...and I aim to keep at this healthier lifestyle indefinitely.

But for now...

...here's the plan. Exercise and eating right everyday (no breaks!) for 30 days.

If Ms. Michaels hasn't killed me after the first five days, I'll update regarding my progress.

So, BRING IT ON JILLIAN! I can take it - and hopefully lose it!

No comments:

Post a Comment